Golden Road Arts is focused on free art education
- We develop teaching videos to support teachers and homeschoolers.
- We promote art education, art appreciation and artists.
- We share how the arts shape lives and careers that derive from art education.
- We promote creativity in all artistic mediums.
- Grade-specific videos, PD downloads and art curriculum that meet the State of Oregon standards are free. We ask that you sign in to download so we know who is using our stuff.
Recent Art Projects
In this episode of Golden Road Arts lessons for children, Artist, Printmaker and Educator Barbara Mason helps you draw a face in relationship to what you see – not how you have always been drawing faces. She helps you see your face and the faces of your friends and...
In this episode of making art from household items at home, we learn about collage and the ideas of "warm" and "cool" colors in art. Barbara provides you with two examples of collage that you can make at home using left over magazines or newspapers, a piece of paper,...
In this detailed lesson, Artist, Printmaker and Educator Barbara Mason demonstrates how to make tunnel books in two ways - from an original piece of your artwork or from coloring book drawings or artwork you cut out and assemble. Either way, you'll learn how to create...
January Featured Artist:
Barbara Mason is an artist/printmaker working in her own printmaking studio in Hillsboro, 18 miles west of Portland, Oregon. A lifelong artist, she began studying printmaking in the early 80’s and was immediately enamored with the medium. Barbara made viscosity monotypes almost exclusively for 20 years until she discovered Solarplate etching. She has been an enthusiast of this process since 2001 and has taught the process in workshops since 2002.
“We could put a quote here. Or maybe a mission statement. Words of wisdom.”