Golden Road Arts – Encouraging Students, Promoting Northwest Artists
Golden Road Arts is a 501c3 non-profit organization based in Hillsboro, Oregon. We are a dedicated group of artists and art educators with a vision to recognize how important the arts are to a child’s development. It is a documented fact that children who make art in school on a regular basis do better in all their other subjects. We want to provide art education at no charge to schools, teachers, parents, and art educators. Artists of the Pacific Northwest support our endeavor. Any work purchased on our site supports Northwest Artists and the mission of Golden Road Arts.
Golden Road Arts is focused on free art education
- We develop teaching videos to support educators.
- We promote art education, art appreciation and artists.
- We share how the arts shape lives and careers that derive from art education.
- We promote creativity in all artistic mediums.
- We ask that you sign in to download our content so our developers can view which educators are using our lessons.
Sample Art Lessons
In this episode of Golden Road Arts lessons for children, Artist, Printmaker and Educator Barbara Mason helps you draw a face in relationship to what you see – not how you have always been drawing faces.
In this episode of making art from household items at home, we learn about collage and the ideas of “warm” and “cool” colors in art. Barbara provides you with two examples of collage that you can make at home.
In this detailed lesson, Artist, Printmaker and Educator Barbara Mason demonstrates how to make tunnel books in two ways – from an original piece of your artwork or from coloring book drawings or artwork you cut out and assemble.