Golden Road Arts will create workshops focused on art from the recommended books with lessons based on art literacy.
The Hillsboro Library suggested the following titles for that purpose:
- Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin
- Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
- Maybe Something Beautiful: How Art Transformed a Neighborhood by Isabel Campoy
- Art & Max by David Wiesner
- Viva Frida by Yuyi Morales
- Let’s Play by Herve Tullet
- White Rabbit’s Color Book by Alan Baker
- It Looked Like Spilt Milk by Charles G. Shaw
- Brown, Brown Bear, What Do You See? By Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle
- My Forest is Green by Darren Lebeuf
- The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
- Bear Sees Colors by Karma Wilson
- Round is a Tortilla: A Book of Shapes by Roseanne Greenfield Thong
Golden Road Art and Hillsboro 2021 Summer Event is Coming!
The Hillsboro Library Summer Reading program promotes and encourages children, youth and adults to read during summer. Their program also brings an opportunity to get creative and inspire curiosity. This summer, Hillsboro Library – in partnership with Golden Road Arts – will provide in-person art workshops for children through Outreach events at Hillsboro Park locations as part of the Summer Reading Program
These creative and exciting events for children and their parents are scheduled twice a week from July 1 – August 26:
- Starting July 1st – August 26th
- At 17 Hillsboro city parks
- Twice a week
- Tuesdays – 5:15 to 6:15 pm
- Thursdays – 12:15 to 1:15 pm
- Check with Hillsboro Library for exact locations and updates (https://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/our-city/departments/library/events-and-programs)
The program will consist in reading the story follow by an art project lead by Golden Road Arts.
Also, volunteers will be roaming around with the children participating in case they need assistance.
Golden Road staff will film the art project process which will be available online as a digital art album for families to watch.